Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blog Post #5 Redo

When I did this blog before class last Tuesday, for some reason it didn't go through so I am rewriting it after the discussion in class to focus on the analysis as well as the structure.

The Dove Campaign for Real Beauty web text analysis is well done in terms of organization and aesthetics. I like how the page is laid out with the web text that is being analyzed at the top so it is easy to navigate and you know what the analysis is about. The color scheme is appealing but the analysis describes what is happening with not much reason as to why and what effect it has.

The Life-Based Web Comics web text is a good idea but I believe it could have been been more effective. I like the idea of a comic style analysis to analyze comics but there is way too much text to keep it true to the comic form, which is what I think the author was going for. Even the last slide admits that there was a lot of text.

The Credit Unions web text analysis is a good layout, but the design elements could use some change. The text does not contrast well with the background and some parts of the text blend in with the hands. Another change could be background image on the navigation bar. The same image repeated gives it a weird effect. Perhaps staggering the same image to break that visual line of the image repeating or using different images would be helpful. The analysis is well done but I did find two typos of the same word, "rebated" is supposed to be "rebates". Perhaps it is the font but then it should still be changed.

I will be organizing my web text by hopefully finding a template that is close the the layout I desire. I plan on having a large menu bar on top, my 6 web texts spaced evenly under that as small thumbnails, when hovered over, it gives you a preview of the image, and when clicked, takes you to the full sized image of the web text with my analysis below. There will be a color scheme associated with each of the parties (red/blue).

No comments:

Post a Comment